Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Does nobody in Shepherd's Bush care about the election?
Posted by: Vivienne James
Date/Time: 10/05/10 23:04:00

Tory plans seem to involve the destruction of what has grown up over time without any consultation and evaluation. Broad Brush - council developments must = indecent accomodation, and by assocotaion the people that dwell within, seems to be the message that is being received. They will claim that is an unintended misconception. The victorian terraces that make up the majority of our Borough mix up owner occupiers, bombed gaps with low rise council flats, housing assoc tennants, private tennants and all sorts. More complicated than the tax system. But these have evolved for over a century but the developers seem to think they can plan them in their drawings.

That is a mistake as the vast majority of folk who live in council property are decent, rent paying, hard working and concerned for their neighbourhood and friends.

The Goldhawk Block campaign has it absolutely right. The council panning has no consideration for residents ammenities such as sunlight, air, peace and quiet. These are never factored into any planning I have ever seen. This borough is stuffed with people and buildings, so more and higher is not the answer. The very people that the concil wishes to attract, and those that live here now will be driven away....very reluctantly.

Nothing has been done about the endless empty properties above retail outlets, as retailers can't be arsed to rent as landlords as it is not their "core business" and deem it "too expensive" - Well how very Green of them. Rip out the loo and pay no council tax and all is well in the empty world above the shop.

People living next to developments are meant to swallow a pile of guff about the benefits that such "regeneration" will bring. What they do not say is that, in Sh Bush we have the basis for everything that we need already and the transport to any thing else we might require, such as Oxford St and Hi St Ken........... but no one tells you about the night time disturbances from restauarants and bars (see the Jongleurs in Hammersmith and yet they wish to close the Ginglik that seems to offend no-one where it is!) All the retail and leisure (AKA shops, bars and restaurants) that seem essential despite the fact that the Green has the highest number of alcohol licences outside the West End already is unnecessary and intrudes into residential life.

You are not invited to consider the number of delivery vans with a slamming sliding door, the number of chirpy cleaners at 5.30am clattering ladders and buckets off their vans outside your window whe they talk about businesse and jobs for the area. Those around the market, Goldhawk Block and any other area of development should have their biggest sceptic hat on when considering the "regeneration plan" for "decent areas" or any plans for their area. The Council can alter the environemnt tha tyou live in almost overnight (Westfield) and then have little to say about the impact on residents. Do I speak from experience? yes...bitter - absolutely!

Sorry - bit of a rant - Westfield window cleaners at 5.30am (again) for 3 weeks outside my bedroom window taking its toll and I am not a morning person. PLus I wrote it all once and the site timed me out so sorry for typos etc - lost the will!  PS what is happaening in between the central line stationand the shops byt the bus terminal and overground... nightmare for the Sheherds Bush Place residents I imagine

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Does nobody in Shepherd's Bush care about the election?07/05/10 18:35:00 Sara Nathan
   Re:Does nobody in Shepherd's Bush care about the election?09/05/10 16:58:00 Vivienne James
      Re:Re:Does nobody in Shepherd's Bush care about the election?10/05/10 16:46:00 Ben Coleman
         Re:Re:Re:Does nobody in Shepherd's Bush care about the election?10/05/10 21:52:00 Sara Nathan
         Re:Re:Re:Does nobody in Shepherd's Bush care about the election?10/05/10 23:04:00 Vivienne James
   Re:Does nobody in Shepherd's Bush care about the election?13/05/10 09:17:00 Robin Taylor
      Re:Re:Does nobody in Shepherd's Bush care about the election?13/05/10 22:39:00 Sara Nathan
         Re:Re:Re:Does nobody in Shepherd's Bush care about the election?16/05/10 10:28:00 Robin Taylor
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Does nobody in Shepherd's Bush care about the election?16/05/10 18:33:00 Sara Nathan

Forum Home